Skip to content
You haven’t lived until you’ve tried barley grass!
Like many other health foods, barley grass is one of those amazing additions to your diet that can drastically increase your nutrient intake.
In fact, it’s so packed with micronutrients that it’s considered a superfood and added into all sorts of wonderful products.
Let’s take a look at some of the things barley grass can do for you, and reasons why you should be using it to improve your health in so many ways…
Nutritional Content of Barley Grass
You’d be amazed by just how much you get from barley grass!
Vitamins – Barley grass contains Vitamin A and carotenes, which play a role in your eye health. There’s also Vitamin C, the antioxidant that is vital for immune health, protects from oxidative stress and free radicals, and is needed for fat-burning. You get B vitamins like B1, B2, B6, and B12, all of which are crucial for a healthy metabolism and healthy body function.
Minerals –Barley grass has quite an amazing mineral profile! It’s loaded with iron, which is needed for red blood cell production. You get also calcium and magnesium for your bones, along with copper, phosphorus, and potassium.
Amino Acids – Barley grass is loaded with amino acids—both essential and non-essential—with a protein content higher than even milk. It’s a great source of protein that will help to raise your metabolism and encourage muscle-building.
Enzymes – A few of the enzymes in barley grass include cytochrome oxidase, fatty acid oxidase, catalase, and peroxidase, all of which are needed to help your body break down fats to use for energy. They’re all vital for weight loss and fat burning, as well as the output of calories during exercise and your daily activity.
Chlorophyll – This is one nutrient you get from a lot of dark green veggies, and it’s an amazing health booster in so many ways! Not only does it inhibit the growth of harmful bacteria in your gut, but it can help to balance out your body’s pH levels, boost your immunity, and increase your energy levels.
As you can see, it’s got quite the amazing nutrient profile. Wait until you see what it can do for you…
Health Benefits of Barley Grass
1) Eliminates toxins. Chlorophyll is a known detoxifier that can help to eliminate heavy metals and other toxins from your body. The chlorphyll and beta carotene in barley grass work together to stimulate the removal of toxins from your body via elimination of waste. It’s a fully natural waste-removal system that can help to get rid of the chemicals and metals that can do serious harm to your internal organs.
2) Helps treat and manage diabetes. Barley grass has been shown to lower sugar levels as well as increase insulin sensitivity. Together, these two things help diabetic, ensuring their bodies are able to regulate their blood sugar more effectively on their own.
3) Boosts your immune system. Barley grass is loaded with nutrients like Vitamin C. magnesium, and other micronutrients that play a role in fortifying your body’s natural immune defenses. You’ll find that adding it to your daily diet increases your body’s ability to protect itself from disease and infections.
4) Aids in weight loss. This is one of the benefits that first put barley grass on the map! Remember that long list of complex-sounding digestive enzymes we mentioned in the previous chapter? All of them are directly involved in the fat-burning and weight loss process. These enzymes help your body to more effectively activate and burn stored fats, helping you to have more energy available to burn throughout the day.
5) Improves bone health. Nutrients like calcium, manganese, and magnesium are all vital for healthy bones. Barley juice contains hefty doses of all three minerals, making it one of the best remedies to improve your bone health!
6) Prevents excess acidity. Chlorophyll is an alkaline substance, and it can help to improve your pH levels by reducing acidity. This can lead to all sorts of improvements, from better gut health to decreased risk of stomach problems to less chance of developing acid reflux or heartburn. The long and short of it is that having a more alkaline pH balance leads to a healthier body overall!
7) Improves your skin health. Vitamin A isn’t just needed for your eyes; it also plays a central role in maintaining healthy skin. The Vitamin C in barley grass also provides your body the nutrients it needs to produce collagen, which is vital for maintaining and repairing your skin. The minerals in barley grass will also help to maintain good skin health, fight infections, and prevent wear and tear caused by exposure to toxins and pollutants.
8) Improves lymphatic system function. It turns out barley grass can help to improve the health of your lymphatic system by improving circulation. By boosting the blood flow to and from your lymph nodes, you can raise your body’s natural immunity to disease and make it more effective at fighting off infections.
9) Anti-carcinogenic effects. Chlorophyll is a known detoxifier that can also help to neutralize carcinogens and protect your body against these harmful particles. The antioxidants in barley grass may even be able to help inhibit the growth of certain tumors (breast and prostate)!
Our Recommended Source of Barley Grass
If you’re looking for a way to add more barley grass into your day, why not try our Pure Immunity supplement? It delivers high-quality, organic ingredients, including barley grass, and is proven to boost your immune function and improve overall health by incorporating more critical nutrients into your daily diet. Thanks to the high nutritional content of barley grass—and other superfoods like alfalfa, wheat grass, and chlorella—you can give your body the nutrient boost it needs to stay in tip top shape
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.